Anyone who knows me, knows I love all things beauty related. Products, treatments, spa holidays and more. You name it, I’m there !
One of the things I adore doing on a chilled night in is a body scrub to remove dry skin cells to reveal silky, smooth, soft skin. It’s also great for getting the old circulation going and combined with lots of water, a clean diet and of course a daily dose of Lean Greens it’s a super detox !
I’ve used many great over the counter scrubs from the likes of Jo Malone, Body Shop and Space NK. But I’ve always wanted to make my own. Let’s face it a scrub is kind of over priced when you think that the main ingredient is usually a commodity like sugar. And because I know you little healthy munchkins will be on a mission to reduce the sugar in your diet, what better way to get rid of the excess white stuff than to use it up in a scrub ?!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil or sweet almond oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence or 20 drops of essential vanilla oil
- If your coconut oil isn’t soft, place into a bowl and heat in the microwave for 10 seconds until just soft not runny
- Add sugar to the coconut oil and stir. You can use white or brown sugar. I personally prefer brown because it smells yummy
- Add a dash of vanilla and stir
- Scoop into a glass jar with an airtight lid. For a really kitch look I ADORE the authentic French Le Parfait jars
How To Use
- Stir the scrub before use in case the ingredients have separated
- Wet the area you want to scrub e.g. arms
- Place a small amount of the scrub onto your palms and use to exfoliate the area
- Rinse off with warm water
Now I’d LOVE to hear from YOU. So before you click away I want to hear all in the comments section below !
Have you any neat body scrub recipes you’d like to share ? What’s your fav fragrance and carrier oil?
Thank you as always for reading.
PS: If you liked this blog, please share and pass it along to your friends and family.